Three easy recipes to boost your mood
Eating well “shouldn’t be an elite sport” reasons Rosemary Ferguson, and never has diet been so important for boosting our bodies and minds. Following a recent talk at farmshop restaurant & cafe at Bicester Village, the nutritionist, naturopath and author shares her favourite recipes for eating well at home.
MARKET KALE SALAD – serves 4
- 1 avocado
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Salt and pepper
- ½–1 lemon
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of kale
- 4–5 carrots, finely sliced
- 1 small bulb of fennel, finely sliced
- Handful of almonds
- Start by making the dressing. Add half the avocado, spring onions, salt, pepper, lemon and olive oil into a food processor and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust with more lemon, salt, pepper and apple cider vinegar as needed.
- In a large bowl combine the kale with half the dressing, using your hands to work the dressing into the kale until it softens.
- Add the carrot, fennel, remaining avocado and almonds, and gently toss. Pour the remaining dressing over the salad and you're ready to serve!
GREEN GODDESS SOUP – serves 4
- 12 handfuls of baby spinach
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp of fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric
- 1 litre of hot vegetable stock
- 1 can of coconut milk
- Pinch of salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Serve in your favourite mug or bowl with a slice of sourdough bread.
RAW SNICKERS BITES – makes 20 bites
- 3 cups of roasted peanuts
- 2 cups of dates
- 1/2 cup of cacao powder
- Pinch of salt
Add all the ingredients to a food processor and blend. Pour the mixture into a tray and freeze overnight. Once set, transfer the tray to the fridge and take out approximately 20 minutes before serving, then slice it into bite-sized pieces.
We’d love to see photos of your finished bakes. Share them with us on social using #BicesterVillageBakes
Looking for more inspiration?
Read on for our latest in style, travel, culture and cuisine.