Signorvino's creamy carbonara recipe
- 100 g guanciale or streaky bacon
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 180 g mezze maniche pasta
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 80 g Pecorino Romano
- 40 g parmesan cheese
- A pinch of black pepper
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
- Finely dice the bacon and brown in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Once the water boils, add the pasta.
- In a bowl, whisk the two egg yolks with the whole egg, pecorino, parmesan and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the browned bacon. Remove from the heat and add the beaten eggs.
- Sauté briefly to avoid cooking the egg, plate up and serve immediately.
Did you know?
See more from Signorvino
At around 25.3 kg per person a year, Italians consume more pasta than any other country in the world.
Looking for more inspiration?
Read on for our latest in style, travel, culture and cuisine.