In addition, in limited circumstances, we may disclose your personal data:
a) If we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with any legal obligation (such as providing your information to government authorities or regulators);
b) In order to protect the rights, property or safety of our business, our customers or others. This includes, in specific cases, exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection; and
c) To successors in title or replacement operators of all or part of our respective businesses.
How we use your information
If you chose to use the Brand Recruitment Site, the information you provide or which we collect from third parties in connection with your use of the Brand Recruitment Site will be used for the following reasons: • We use the information held about you to administer the Brand Recruitment Site, including by sending you notifications of changes to the site and may also contact you periodically to update your personal information and, if you have provided your consent, to send general email communications about recruitment events and job opportunities with Brand Partners. When new jobs are added to the Brand Recruitment Site which align with your stated interests, we will send you email job alerts. We will also use your information for analysis of how effective the Brand Recruitment Site is and for deciding whether to make any improvements.
• The Brand Partners will use your information in order to consider you for recruitment opportunities at Value Retail Villages. The Brands may communicate with you about these opportunities and if your application is successful, the information will be used to process your employment with them. They will not always notify you if your application is unsuccessful. Your information will be stored in the Brand Recruitment Site and you will be able to log into the system and track how an application is progressing.
If you select to only make the information available in connection with a specific role with a Brand Partner (a “specific application”), then the information that is collected through the Brand Recruitment Site will only be available to that Brand Partner, who will be able to view your information on the Brand Recruitment Site and to transfer your information to their own systems.
If you have provided information as part of a general application or if you select to make it available for consideration by all Brand Partners, then the information that is collected through the Brand Recruitment Site will be available to all current and future Brand Partners each of whom will be able to view your information on the Brand Recruitment Site and to transfer your information to their own systems. If you are being considered for a role with a Brand Partner then you can choose whether your information will also be available to be viewed by other Brand Partners at the same time or whether to restrict your information to just the Brand Partner which is considering you for that role.
In either a specific application or a general application, once a Brand Partner accesses your information, they will be a controller of that information using it for their own purposes and will be responsible for keeping such information safe and complying with applicable data protection laws.
• We or our Brand Partners may use information you provide to contact you by post, telephone, SMS text message or by email in connection with your application or use of the Brand Recruitment Site, as per your preferences.
The legal basis for us using your information
We (and any Brand Partners you choose to share your information with) have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing the personal data referred to above (see ‘What Information Do We Collect About You?’) so that we can: a) Administer and provide you with access to the Brand Recruitment Site, and pass on any applications you make to our Brand Partners; b) Keep you informed of changes to the Brand Recruitment Site; c) Provide you with relevant training, training materials and other information if you are successful in securing a position with a Brand Recruitment Partner; d) Ensure that our recruitment offering is effective and useful for our Brand Partners. Our Brand Partners will use your information to: a) Process any applications you make for a specific position or consider your suitability for any available positions when you make a general application; b) Communicate with you about any applications you have made; c) Conduct any pre-employment screening (that are necessary for hiring and permissible under applicable laws in your jurisdiction) or verification checks which the Brand Partner undertakes if your application is successful; and d) For any other purposes as specified in the Brand Partner’s privacy notice. We have assessed the impact of processing your information for the reasons listed above and have balanced your interests, rights and freedoms against our interests in processing your data in this way. This assessment has been used to implement the way we process your data to ensure your rights are adequately protected. If you would like more information about this process, please see ‘Contacting Us’ below.
Additionally, sometimes we also need to process your personal information to comply with our legal obligations including in relation to handling complaints and investigations or litigation. In certain circumstances, we process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of contacting you about other employment opportunities you may be interested in. Where you have provided consent to us processing your data you have a right to withdraw this consent at any time (see Your rights below).
How long do we keep your data for?
Any information provided in connection with an application for a specific role will be retained on the Brand Recruitment Site for up to 12 months so that at any time you can choose to make it available as a general application so that it can be viewed by all Brand Partners. If you have made a general application then your information will remain available on the Brand Recruitment Site for so long as you are actively using the site. If you have not actively used the site for 12 months your information will be automatically deleted. You can also choose to delete your account with the Brand Recruitment Site at any time. Any information which you make available to a Brand Partner will be retained in accordance with the data retention policy of that Brand Partner. Where we store or process your information In order for us to provide the Brand Recruitment Site, the information you provide via the Brand Recruitment Site or which we collect from third parties will be transferred to, stored at, or accessed from, destinations outside the EU and EEA, including by iCIMS in Canada and the United States of America in connection with hosting and the administration of the Brand Recruitment Site. We have obligations to ensure that your personal data processed by us or by our suppliers or processors operating outside the EEA is treated securely and is protected against unauthorised access, loss or destruction, unlawful processing and any processing which is inconsistent with the purposes set out in this Policy. For further detail concerning the safeguards that we use to protect your information when it is transferred outside of the EEA, and the means to obtain a copy of them or where they have been made available, please see Contacting Us below. Brand Partners may also transfer your information from the Brand Recruitment Site to their systems hosted outside the EU and EEA. Where they do so, the Brand Partners will be responsible for ensuring that such transfers are made in accordance with applicable data protection laws. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of information that you submit online, and you do so at your own risk. We urge you to keep your username, password and any other log-in details in a safe place as you are responsible, together with the Brand Partners for maintaining the confidentiality of the information that you submit to us. Your rights By law, you have a number of rights when it comes to your personal data. We have set these rights out below, and if you need any further information or wish to exercise any of these rights, please let us know (see Contacting Us below). Alternatively, further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the data protection regulator in your country. Rights What does this mean?
- The right to be informed You have the right to be provided with clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your information and your rights. This is why we’re providing you with the information in this Policy.
- The right of access You have the right to obtain access to your information (if we’re processing it), and certain other information (similar to that provided in this Policy). This is so you’re aware and can check that we’re using your information in accordance with data protection law.
- The right to rectification You are entitled to have your information corrected if it’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to erasure This is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’ and, in simple terms, enables you to request the deletion or removal of your information where there’s no compelling reason for us to keep using it. This is not a general right to erasure; there are exceptions and we make decision whether to erase data on a case by case basis when we receive a request to exercise this right.
- The right to restrict processing You have rights to ‘block’ or suppress further use of your information. When processing is restricted, we can still store your information, but may not use it further. We keep lists of people who have asked for further use of their information to be ‘blocked’ to make sure the restriction is respected in future.
- The right to data portability You may have the right to obtain information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format.
- The right to lodge a complaint You have the right to lodge a complaint about the way we handle or process your personal data with your national data protection regulator, in particular in the country where you live, work or where an alleged infringement of data protection law occurred.
- The right to withdraw consent If you have given your consent to anything we do with your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although if you do so, it does not mean that anything we have done with your personal data with your consent up to that point is unlawful).
- The right to object to processing You have the right to object to any processing which is carried out for our legitimate interests.
If we can show compelling legitimate grounds for processing your personal information which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or we need your personal information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, we can continue to process it.
We usually act on requests and provide information free of charge, but we may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for: a) baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or b) further copies of the same information.
Alternatively, we may be entitled to refuse to act on the request. Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We will respond as soon as we can and in the event that we decide to charge you a reasonable fee, we will notify you. Generally we will respond to you within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with, we’ll come back to you and let you know.
Where your request relates to information which is being separately processed by a Brand Partner, the Brand Partner will be the sole controller of that information using it for their own purposes and will be responsible responding to data protection requests directly. You are also able to exercise the above rights against any of our Brand Partners who are processing your personal data. In order to do so, you will need to contact the Brand Partners directly.
If you need to contact us for any reason (including to exercise any of your rights in relation to data protection as set out above) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address below.
Village Careers Administrator 50 Pingle Drive Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6WD United Kingdom We may make minor changes to this Privacy Notice. When we make these changes we will publish the updated notice on the Brand Recruitment Site. If we make any significant changes we will take additional steps to inform you of them.