Cook ⦁ Garden ⦁ Play
Easter activities for all the family
Perfect Pleyel cake
Put your baking skills to the test with this mouth-watering recipe from La Maison du Chocolat.
Serves 6 ⦁ Cooks in 40 minutes
100 g of ‘Noir Equilibré’ 66% dark chocolate
100 g of ‘Noir Robuste’ 74% dark chocolate
180 g unsalted butter
10 g vanilla extract
200 g icing sugar
1 pinch of salt
20 g caster sugar
100 g of French T45 white flour (alternatively try ‘00’ flour)
75 g ground almond
Tip: this cake can be conserved for 3 days in room temperature if covered in plastic film.
- Preheat your oven at 200°C (400°F)
- Grease a 25 cm long loaf tin and set aside in a cool place.
- Break the chocolates into pieces, add to a heatproof bowl with the butter and slowly heat over a pan of water.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks, and set the whites aside in a large bowl.
- Once the chocolate and butter has melted, add the following ingredients to the mixture in this order : egg yolks, vanilla extract, icing sugar and ground almonds. Remove from the heat and add the flour.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and add a pinch of salt, then add the caster sugar in three intervals while whisking until the mixture firms up a little.
- Carefully combine the egg whites with the chocolate mixture until they have come together to form a consistent mix.
- Flour the cake tin and pour in the cake batter before baking in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Check your cake is ready by inserting the blade of a knife into the centre; it should come out clean when cooked.
Gardening ideas from Jardins de Gally
La Vallée Village’s resident gardeners Les Jardins de Gally recommend trying out differentiated mowing, which involves leaving some areas of your lawn uncut. Butterflies and bees will be able to feed on the flowers that grow as a result. Plus, these dainty flowers are perfect for bringing a touch of spring to your Easter table.
DIY napkin rabbits
Running out of ideas to keep your children entertained? Try making our DIY napkin rabbits. Little ones will love creating these cute Easter creatures, and you only need a napkin a pen to bring them to life! Watch the tutorial below to create your own.
Easter bunny tutorial
You wish to see more from La Vallée Village?
Discover more inspiring content and follow @lavalleevillage on Instagram !