Healthy recipes from Le Creuset
What do you need?
- 1 vanilla bean
- 5 basil leaves
- 25g of syrup
- 500g of red berries
- 300g of sugar
- 25g of lemon juice
Red fruit jam is ideal to accompany meats
- Cut the vanilla bean and scratch the seeds inside. Put them aside.
- Boil the basil leaves for 10 seconds, remove them from the heat and then stop the leaves cooking further by putting them in iced water. Drain and dry with absorbent paper. Once cold, crush them with the cold syrup. Put this aside.
- Mix the red berries and sugar and leave to rest for 12 hours; then put the mixture in a casserole dish, along with the vanilla bean and seeds.
- Boil for 10 to 15 minutes and, at the last moment, add the lemon juice. When the jam has cooled to being warm, add the basil with the syrup.
- Put the jam in sterilised jars with airtight seals. Immerse the jars in cooking pot of water, cover the pot and boil for 20 minutes. Remove the jars from the pot and let them cool.
To prepare the syrup, you need a ratio of two measures of sugar to one measure of water.
Looking for more inspiration?
Read on for our latest in style, travel, culture and cuisine.