Maasmechelen Village & Make-A-Wish® Belgium-Flanders
Do your part!
Big or small: every donation to Make-A-Wish helps to fulfill many new wishes and change lives. Moreover, donating is more interesting from a tax point of view, because with donations from 40 euros per year you will receive a tax certificate and a tax advantage of 60% applies.
You can easily donate via the QR code.
At The Bicester Village Shopping Collection, we strive to make a difference both locally and globally. In line with our business values, Maasmechelen Village has chosen to support an organisation which is passionate about fulfilling the hopes and dreams of children, Make-A-Wish® Belgium-Flanders.
Fulfilling wishes to bring hope
Positive thinking has proven physical and emotional benefits that can give children with critical illnesses a higher chance of survival. It’s for this reason that Make-A-Wish® Belgium-Flanders fulfils the wishes of children between the ages of 3 and 18 who suffer from life-threatening illnesses. Bringing hope, strength and joy into these children’s lives also has a far-reaching, positive impact on their families and communities. In other words, wishes are the driving force behind everything the charity does, simply because children’s fulfilled wishes transform lives.
I want to fly like a bird
The Make-A-Wish® Foundation
It all started with a one wish, when a seven-year-old boy battling leukaemia wished that he could become a police officer. In 1980, his local community did everything they could to make his wish come true. Little did he know that his wish would create a movement that would transform millions of lives.
With the help of more than 43,000 volunteers around the world, Make-A-Wish has collectively granted more than 500,000 wishes worldwide. This means that, on average, a life-changing wish is granted every 16 minutes!
I want to be a rail conductor
How does it work?
Wishes are only limited by the child's imagination. Make-A-Wish® Belgium-Flanders pays all costs associated with the child’s wish, but this only made possible by the efforts of more than 100 volunteers and generous donations from the public. 90% of every donation goes directly to fulfilling the children’s wishes and the remaining 10% is used to keep the organisation running. Every day the volunteers bring their very best efforts and creativity to fulfil more than 160 wishes each year.
I want to be ceo of a big company
How can we help?
This year, Make-A-Wish® Belgium-Flanders celebrates its thirtieth anniversary. Now more than ever, support and partnerships are key to continuing the work of this wonderful organisation. Together, Maasmechelen Village and Make-A-Wish® Belgium-Flanders are building long-lasting partnerships and driving sustainable social impact.