Poached Peaches with Almond Cream and Amaretti Biscuit Crumb | Serves 4
- 4 peaches, bottoms levelled
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) Disaronno or amaretto
- 75g runny honey
- 200ml water
- Vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and divide into 4
- 150g mascarpone
- 25ml Disaronno or amaretto
- 1 tablespoon icing sugar
45g hard amaretti biscuits
Preheat the oven to 200C/ Fan 180C/ Gas Mark 6
- First, make the syrup by combining the Disaronno, honey, water and vanilla in a saucepan. Place over a low heat and very gently simmer to dissolve the honey.
- Place the peaches in the Stoneware Petite Casseroles and pour over the syrup. Place on the lids and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lids and bake for a further 10 minutes to reduce the syrup a little. Test the peaches are softly poached using a small, sharp knife. Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool.
- In the meantime, make the cream by combining the mascarpone, Disaronno and icing sugar.
- When ready to serve, spoon on the mascarpone cream over the poached peaches and crumble the amaretti biscuits on top.
• Medium-sized round peaches, or large flat peaches are perfect for this recipe. If your peaches are a little large, simply slice the bottom of the peach to be able to place on the lid.
• For an alcohol-free version, simply remove the Disaronno and replace with a teaspoon of almond extract.