WADDESDON MANOR COMPETITION
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This prize draw promotion (the “Promotion”) is being conducted by Value Retail Management (Bicester Village) Limited (company number 02884096) with its registered address at Management Suite, Bicester Village 50 Pingle Drive, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6WD t/a Bicester Village (“Village”, “we”, “us”).
We are running the Promotion in collaboration with Waddesdon Manor (company number: 1138145) with its registered address Waddesdon Manor, Near Aylesbury, Bucks, HP180JH,(“Waddesdon Manor”). If you want any information about the Promotion or about these terms and conditions (the “Terms”) you should contact the Village.
- The Promotion runs between 27.11.20 at 09.00 until 30.11.20 at 22.00 and includes an opportunity for you to win 4 x tickets to visit Winter Light at Waddesdon Manor in January 2021 (the “Contest”). The closing date to enter the Contest which forms part of the Promotion is 30.11.20 at 22.00 (the “Closing Date”).
- The Privacy Notice governs the collection and use of personal information relating to the Promotion including the Contest. Please read the Privacy Notice carefully as it explains the kinds of personal information we collect about you and how it is handled.
- By participating in the Contest which forms part of the Promotion you agree to these terms and conditions. Note that we are required to contact the winner of the Contest, and so by entering the Contest you consent to being contacted if you should win.
- How to enter the Contest To be eligible to enter the Contest, you must meet the criteria in clause 5 below. There is no entrance fee to enter the Promotion but you will need a public Instagram account. If you are eligible, you can enter the Contest by following the process set out in clause 6 below.
- Eligibility for Contest All entrants to the Contest must be 18 years or over on the opening date of the Contest or, if your entry is submitted through an Instagram account registered to a user under 18 years old then you promise you are the legal guardian, parent or representative of that user and you enter this Contest on these terms and conditions on that user’s behalf. Employees of the Village (or any of its affiliated companies) and Waddesdon Manor, their families or agents, or any other person connected with the Promotion may not enter the Contest.
In entering the Contest, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Village may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the Contest.
Contest Terms and Conditions a. The Contest is only open to entrants:
i. who are eligible; ii. Follow @bicestervillage; iii. Follow @waddesdonmanor_nt iv. Like @bicestervillage ‘From Oxfordshire with Love’ Instagram post; and v. Tag a friend in the comments section of the @bicestervillage ‘From Oxfordshire with Love’ Instagram post,
in advance of the Closing Date (detailed above).
b. All entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified. c. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Only one entry per person is permitted. Entrants must be 18 or over.
d. On 01.12.20 following the Closing Date, one (1) entry will be selected at random, and will win 4 x tickets to visit Winter Light at Waddesdon Manor in January 2021 (the “Prize”).
e. Winners will be contacted by the Village using the direct message feature of the Instagram platform. If a winner does not respond within three days of the Village sending this request, the Village shall be entitled to treat such winner as disqualified from the Promotion and the Village may randomly select another winner as the new winner.
f. The winners will be announced on the Bicester Village Instagram Post on 01.12.20 or as soon as possible thereafter. If you are a winner, you hereby consent to your name and Instagram username and handle to be announced on the respective our and Waddesdon Manor’s official social media accounts.
g. Entries submitted via agents or third parties are invalid.
h. No responsibility will be accepted for entries that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled or incompletely received, for any reason, including (but not limited to) by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at the Village’s servers or elsewhere. The Village is not responsible for any human or other error that may occur in the processing of entries/surveys nor for any damage to any entrant’s or any other computer equipment arising from accessing or downloading any materials in connection with the Contest.
i. Every effort will be made to supply the Prize, but in the event that this is not reasonably or practically possible, an equivalent prize will be offered, which will be selected at the Village’s sole discretion.
j. Prizes are not transferable to any third party and cannot be exchanged for cash, any other prize or redeemed in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
k. The winners agree to take part in, and (if required by the Village) will make themselves reasonably available for, post event publicity and hereby consent to the use of their name and photograph for such publicity purposes.
l. The Village has arranged these prize draws in good faith and, to the extent permitted by law, does not accept any liability in relation to any consequences arising from entry to, or failure to enter, the Contest.
m. The Village in its sole discretion reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, acting in breach of any of these terms and conditions or whom it has reason to believe is ineligible to enter. The Village reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Contest.
n. The Village's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
o. If due to circumstances outside the Village’s control or if the Village deems it necessary to suspend or cancel the Contest, the Village reserves the right to do so, without incurring any liability to any entrant participating in the Contest.
p. The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. By entering this Contest, you release Instagram from any action or claim arising out of the Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed at the Village, not Instagram.
- Your Entry
- You promise and continue to promise that:
a. your entry does not depict anything which is unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic or profane, could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offence or breach of any law or contains anything inappropriate or anything else contrary to common standards of taste and decency, or that is deliberately intended to upset other users, and that accompanying comments (if any) are not defamatory or disparaging about us or the Village Brand, or any third parties;
b. your entry does not constitute or contain software viruses, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings or any form of “spam”;
c. you will not use a false email address, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead us as to the origin of your entry; d. you have obtained all relevant rights and written permission from individuals featuring in your entry, and that your entry does not feature anyone under the age of 18 unless it is your own child (you being the legal representative) and you have that child’s consent; and e. you hereby waive and agree not to assert (and promise that all individuals featured have waived and agreed not to assert) any moral rights in, and in connection with, your entry.
- Our official social media accounts may include the opinions, statements and other content of third parties. We are not responsible for screening, monitoring or verifying such content, including such content’s accuracy, reliability or compliance with copyright or other laws. Any opinions, statements or other materials made available by third parties are those of such third parties and not of us or the Village Brand, and we and the Village Brand do not endorse any such opinions, statements or materials.
- You acknowledge and agree that we have no control over, and shall have no liability for any damages resulting from, the use (including without limitation, re-publication) or misuse by any third party of information voluntarily made public through any use of our official social media accounts. If you choose to make any of your personally identifiable information or other information and/or your entry available for use by us, you do so at your own risk.
- It is not possible for us to be aware of the contents of each comment or review displayed on, or information, materials, products, and/or services available through, our official social media accounts (or any portion or portions of them). We operate on a “notice and takedown” basis. If you believe that any comment or review displayed on, or information, materials, products and/or services available through our official social media accounts (or any portion or portions of them) contains a defamatory statement, please notify us immediately by writing to us at Bicester Village Legal Team, Management Suite, Bicester Village 50 Pingle Drive, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6WD or by e-mailing us at Legal@BicesterVillage.com. On receipt of notice by you, we will use all reasonable endeavours to remove the defamatory content complained about within a reasonable time.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- If you would like to contact us, you can do so at: Bicester Village Legal Team, Management Suite, Bicester Village 50 Pingle Drive, Bicester, Oxfordshire, OX26 6WD, +44 01869 323 757 .